>> View Scorch Carnival Inclusive Block-O 2012 Gallery >> View Trinidad & Tobago Carnival 2012 Coverage
What was the best fete for some patrons in 2011, may have lost some of its credibility in 2012 ...
In the latest edition of a Scorch Event, and given the lukewarm public reaction to Scorch's predecessors, it would make sense to make this Carnival Inclusive a pinnacle and have it on a superior day that would include all the masses. Utilising technological advancements to sell tickets (I am still not sure what it was exactly) and keeping the party to a simple and predictable crowd the event started late and with that comes confusion and drama and lets say patrons going to buy drinks at another venue and waiting until the line cools down ... Better yet ... when you know your promoter is at the door trying to organise and sort and make sure people get in properly ... then you know THERE IS A SITUATION AT THE GATE!
The result meant that patrons entered Scorch Inclusive later than expected and had to quickly storm the bars and the food stalls. A Minor Hiccup some might say or some might say this was drastic and upset my night, throw off my karma, disturb my chi .... give them two hours ... what were they doing? Bubble Ah Bubble In The Block-O ...
However, Scorch seemed to be occasionally short-changed by his own production - due to its late start, patrons still felt that the event should go on after 12:00 AM however, promptly ... music ended at that time. Furthermore, the bathroom situation was actually quite appalling this year ... with lines circling and inter-weaving with each other, it actually turned people off from using the bathrooms. Was that the price worth paying for a fast paced adventure?
On the brighter side of Scorch's Carnival Inclusive I am pleased to present the following facts:
- The bar was very well stocked and patrons actually got drinks and were drinking throughout the night, of course, closing down to the night some drinks should finish due to popularity but for the majority of the night drinks were flowing;
- The scorch girls and boys rocking around with their bottles of poison and pouring down your larynx combined with the fact you cannot refuse a shot always and will always continue to create a vibe like no other;
- The mere shock value of All Rounder pouring Garlic Sauce on his scantily clad body will resonate in patrons minds especially those who have not seen him live and direct ... Pure Entertainment (Well Done Kwesi for the shock value!)
- The introduction of Iwer George will always be commended and welcomed by patrons, because even though his songs are not of the highest calibre (patrons words) ... you still have no problems jumping up and down, singing, throwing water in the air, anything that makes you free up!
- First Class Disc Jockey line up is always a expectation at any Scorch event!;
- There are always patrons who enjoy climbing up on scaffolding and dancing or screaming to their heart's content;
- The cold mist blowing at a Scorch event is PRICELESS!!!!!!; and finally
- The High Female To Male Ratio is always welcomed!
Verdict: A few damp squibs aside, Scorch's sensibilities made for an interesting yet subtle evening affair ...
>> View Scorch Carnival Inclusive Block-O 2012 Gallery
>> View Trinidad & Tobago Carnival 2012 Coverage