Photo: MC for the evening, Road March & Soca Monarch winner, Jason Williams (JW), added to the already hyped session as he performed to “Palance”, and the 2012 Carnival hit, “We Time”, while instructors led the crowd with the specially choreographed Zumba routine.
Monday May 21, 2012
-- Port of Spain: Despite the football craze which took over the nation earlier that evening, crowds of Zumba fanatics and party goers flocked to the Cascadia Hotel Ballroom on Saturday May 19 to partake in the 2nd annual Ultimate Zumba Fitness Party, hosted by the Atrawets School of Dance & Dance Education (Atrawets) based in Couva.
Zumba Fitness die-hards took part in a two hour energized, fun-filled session, led by the first licensed Zumba instructor & only Zumba Jammer in the Southern Caribbean, Mrs. Kelly Stewart-Wattie. She was joined by ten (10) top Zumba instructors from North, South and Central Trinidad, all to raise funds for the Autistic Society & Diabetes Association of Trinidad & Tobago. Atrawets will be donating 5% of proceeds from ticket sales to The Autistic Society of Trinidad & Tobago and another 5% to the "Diabetes Association of Trinidad & Tobago", totalling 10% of revenue from ticket sales between both organizations. Party Passes were priced at $200 per person; therefore $10 from every pass sold will be donated to each organization.
MC for the evening, Road March & Soca Monarch winner Jason Williams (JW), added to the already hyped session as he performed to "Palance"
, and the 2012 Carnival hit, "We Time"
, while instructors led the crowd with the specially choreographed Zumba routine.
Zumba is the hottest, fastest growing workout in Trinidad and around the world, conducted by certified Zumba Instructors! It combines fun modern Latin dance moves, resistance and aerobics in an explosive, passion-filled work out that burns up to 500 calories per 45-minute session. It ranked amongst the top six exercise programs in the USA this year and will soon dominate the fitness market because of its relationship with popular music and culture.