“Taking Sport to Rural Areas” will address challenges such as perceived neglect in rural communities. The programme is designed to provide sustainable opportunities to thousands of people in the following areas:
- Caroni (Couva, Tabaquite, Talparo Municipal Corporations)
- St. George East District (Tunapuna-Piarco Regional Corporation)
- St. Andrews/St. David (Sangre Grande Municipal Corporation )
- Nariva/Mayaro District (Mayaro, Rio Claro Regional Corporation)
- St. Patrick/Victoria District (Siparia, Penal, Debe Municipal Corporation)
The aim of the programme is to:
- Provide sport opportunities and facilities in the rural area
- Improve infrastructural work
- Provide capacity building opportunities for coaches, volunteers, etc.
- Provide equipment to enhance sporting discipline
- Identify potential talent in communities
- To empower youth and build positive relationships throughout communities
The Honourable Anil Roberts will deliver the feature address for this programme. In addition, Trinidad and Tobago’s chosen Olympic Torch bearer, Shaquille Roberts and Toco Olympian, Javeline Thrower Kershon Walcott will grace us with their presence.
The media is invited to cover this launch.
Transportation will be provided for media personnel at the Ministry’s Head Office Car Park at 6:30am. To make arrangement for this service, please contact the Ministry’s Communications Specialist Ms. Betty-Ann Moses at 625-5622 ext. 5040 or 701-0557 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org